Your next opportunity awaits.
The Supply Chain associate editor will regularly write and edit stories that lead our coverage of freight, logistics, operations, procurement and technology. This includes writing anything from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories that analyze the trends impacting business across various industries, as well as editing others’ work on these topics.
You will own your beat, pitch stories, cultivate relationships with stakeholders, hunt down scoops, and edit others’ work. This position reports to the managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- A proven track record of daily writing, reporting and editing skills.
- An aptitude for business news and smart story selection for a niche B2B audience.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of specific beats through original reporting and source building.
- Ability to drive reader response through social media.
- You're a team player.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills (e.g. can write excellent stories on a short deadline).
- 1-3 years of experience in journalism, English or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in journalism, English, or a related field.
We would love it if:
- You've covered some aspect of supply chain before.
- You can prove an understanding of economics.
- You can read an earnings report or government documents and spot key information for executives.
- Some experience with data visualization and storytelling through tables, charts, etc.
- You can show your versatility in writing for different audiences, or in different registers.
- Strong understanding of digital media for a unique mobile experience.
- You are familiar with AP style.
- You are familiar with HTML.
- You have experience with Google Analytics or other monitoring tools.
- You have experience working with a publication in its early stages to grow audiences.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email Wendy McWhorter at [email protected] with a copy of your cover letter, resume and three of your favorite clips.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.