Your next opportunity awaits.
Industry Dive is looking for an HR Director to take our quickly growing team to the next level. This HR Director will be responsible for all aspects of employee engagement, benefits, diversity/inclusion/belonging initiatives and HR technology assessments. This role does not include the recruiting function.
The right candidate is creative, eager to support staff initiatives at all levels and comes with the experience to lead the charge! The role will report to the COO.
- Manage the annual benefit renewal process and recommend changes and employee/employer contributions
- Review the performance management process, recommend improvements, and identify any software needed to support the process
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of a new HRIS
- Identify, manage, and critique employee relations activities
- Develop a formal employee training and development plan. Periodically analyze the success of that plan, then recommend changes.
- Help develop risk mitigation strategies for the company
- Ensure the company complies with all regulatory issues
- Provide counseling and coaching to all employees, with an emphasis on managerial training, to address employee issues. Ensure processes for terminating employees are appropriately followed.
- Analyze market employee compensation data and develop compensation strategies.
- Lead diversity, inclusion and belonging committee to help ensure recommendations are appropriately implemented.
- Assist with or lead any special projects related to human resource issues/management
- Develop metrics to analyze employee data and determine methodologies to use such data.
- Assist the executive team with identifying and implementing new human resource strategies.
- Establish retention strategies
- Manage Office Coordinator and HR Associate
What you can bring to the table:
Background and Educational Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of human resources experience
- Experience in both entrepreneurial/start up and mid-size to large organizations
- Experience supervising
- PHR or SPHR strongly preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong empathy for employees
- Outstanding decision-making processes
- Strong organizational, leadership, and speaking skills
- Excellent process management skills
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email Wendy McWhorter at [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.