Your next opportunity awaits.
The Retail Editor will direct our coverage of the retail industry, from monitoring the beat and identifying stories for coverage to assigning and editing short and long-form stories. You will lead a small team of journalists, field pitches and edit stories, report and write stories, send out email newsletters and work on special projects. This position will report to a managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven editing, writing and reporting skills
- Ability to lead a team of journalists and direct coverage to grow our audience and elevate the editorial product
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories
- Strong digital news knowledge as well as tuned-in instincts for news judgment, feature editing, headline writing, and more
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to edit and write stories on tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field
- 3-5 years experience in business journalism; a focus on the retail beat is preferable
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”