Your next opportunity awaits.
Utility Dive seeks an experienced and passionate freelance writer to join one of the nation’s leading publications chronicling the transformation of today’s electric utility sector. The ideal candidate will be adept at quickly summarizing complex business, legal and policy news and conveying its significance to an audience of industry experts. The candidate will also be comfortable developing, pitching and reporting in-depth feature pieces that explain the causes and consequences of major sector developments and trends.
- 3-5 weekly news briefs
- 1-2 weekly feature articles
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven writing and reporting skills
- Knowledge of current energy and environmental trends, particularly in the U.S. power sector
- Ability to quickly interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories
- Ability to pitch original and innovative stories
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills
- Digital news knowledge
- At least two years of experience writing about energy or environmental issues
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email Deborah Barrington at [email protected] with your resume, cover letter and three most relevant clips.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.