Your next opportunity awaits.
Industry Dive is looking for a full-stack engineer who is curious and motivated to join our product development team. We use a variety of open-source technology, and our core application is written in Django. We spend most of our time building Industry Dive's main product — a series of mobile-optimized, consumer-facing news sites with an internal content management system — by adding new features, fixing bugs and improving performance. We are also cross-functional, so you'll have the opportunity to work on many other projects, including data products, mobile applications, and dev ops. This job reports to the VP of Engineering.
Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment. One of our core values is for employees to bring their unique perspective and personality to a variety of projects. Your voice and the work you’ll do here matters to your teammates, other teams within the company and our customers and readers.
What you can bring to the table:
- Experience building/working with web applications, particularly content management systems
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Familiarity with SQL and relational database design
- Experience with Git/GitHub or other version control technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating/updating documentation for other developers and non-technical users
- Ability to work well either individually or collaboratively
- Eagerness and interest in working on a variety of projects
We would love to talk to you if you have any of the following:
- Exposure to Agile Scrum workflow
- Experience or interest in data engineering: e.g. data munging, building ETLs, query optimizations, database administration, data visualizations
- Experience or interest in mobile app development: iOS or Android
- Experience or interest in test automation
- Experience or interest in graphic design
- A passion for or experience in sharing and teaching new skills
Some of our tools:
- Python: Django and Flask
Applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email Wendy McWhorter at [email protected] with your resume, cover letter and a link to your GitHub profile or other resources, if available.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.