Your next opportunity awaits.
The Restaurants Reporter will regularly write stories that lead our coverage of the restaurant industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories that analyze the trends impacting chefs, investors, employees and diners. This position will not be writing restaurant reviews.
You will own your beat, pitch stories, cultivate relationships with stakeholders, hunt down scoops, and sometimes also edit others’ work. This position reports to the managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven writing, reporting and editing skills.
- Strong digital news knowledge.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 2 years' experience writing and reporting on the restaurant industry.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and report on complex business subjects, industry trends, and major news stories, from emerging technology to labor issues and new restaurant concepts to changing eating habits.
- Ability to build relationships with important sources and decision makers from national restaurant brands and groups.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email [email protected] your resume and cover letter.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.