Your next opportunity awaits.
As Salesforce Administrator at Industry Dive, you will own our Salesforce instance by maintaining strong data hygiene and documentation, and more importantly, by incorporating new workflows, models, and tools that will support and enable our rapid growth and cross-functional needs. You will be a strategic partner in both day-to-day workflow management and high-level business process optimization.
This position is a hybrid of a Salesforce Admin & Business Analyst role. Part of your job will be administering and maintaining our existing Salesforce org and processes. The other part will be finding process inefficiencies and working with end-users to improve how they work within Salesforce. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable scoping projects, executing upon project plans, writing documentation, and training end-users on solutions in Salesforce.
This role reports to the Director of Revenue Operations and works closely with the Sales, Ad Operations, and Accounting teams. We currently have 26 seats in Salesforce Enterprise edition. We haven’t yet migrated to Lightning, and are hoping you can help us with that transition! The right candidate is organized, has a growth mindset, and is always looking for ways to improve Industry Dive’s use of Salesforce and other tools.
Day-to-day would include:
- Lead Industry Dive’s Salesforce efforts, tackling business challenges within the Salesforce platform & ecosystem
- Own end-user training and documentation for Salesforce and other sales tools
- Balance daily issue/request tickets with longer-term assignments and personally directed projects
- Participate in the design and implementation of system and processes across multiple tools and departments
- Optimize Salesforce and other tools to support critical initiatives such as (but not limited to) territory management, lead qualification, assignment rules, campaign management, pricing and contracting, quote to cash, and sales compensation
- Assist with quality assurance testing, both internal testing and guiding user acceptance testing
- Assist with preparation and deployment of change sets for migration of solutions from sandbox environments to production
What you can bring to the table:
- 2+ years of Salesforce Administration experience in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Current holder of Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM 201) certification
- Demonstrated strong performance collaborating with Sales and other teams to effectively utilize Salesforce
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce automation tools, including Process Builder, Flow Builder, Approvals, Workflows, and Validation Rules
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, organized, impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated success improving user adoption of Salesforce across multiple business units
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new processes and technologies in order to meet business needs and drive business
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (ADM 401) certification
- Experience migrating from Classic to Lightning
- Experience using ETL/data management tools such as DemandTools, PeopleImport, and Data Loader
- Experience with advanced Excel functions (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and advanced formulas)
- Familiarity with 3rd party Financial/Accounting tools, such as Accounting Seed, Intacct, etc.
- Experience managing documentation within Confluence or other team collaboration tools
- Familiarity or experience with waterfall and agile methodologies and associated tools, such as Jira for project management
- Ability to weigh the pros/cons of quick solutions against long-term technical debt
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email Wendy McWhorter at [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.