Your next opportunity awaits.
Industry Dive is looking for an Agile Scrum master who is curious and motivated to join our engineering team. The engineering team consists of two full-stack Scrum teams focused mainly on building Industry Dive's main product — a series of mobile-optimized, consumer-facing news sites with an internal content management system — by adding new features, fixing bugs and improving performance. We are also cross-functional, so our teams have the opportunity to work on many other projects, including data products, mobile applications, and dev ops. This job reports to the VP of Engineering.
Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment. One of our core values is for employees to bring their unique perspective and personality to a variety of projects. Your voice and the work you’ll do here matters to your teammates, other teams within the company and our customers and readers.
You may be a good fit if you have experience:
- guiding teams/organizations on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- guiding teams on how to get the most of out self organization to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- assessing the Scrum Maturity of teams/organizations and coaching them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable.
- removing impediments or guiding teams to remove impediments.
- building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
What you can bring to the table:
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, integrating design, etc.)
Preferred Skills/Experience (any of these is a plus):
- Scrum master certification
- Experience acting as Scrum master for more than one Scrum team at a time
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (Python, Django, SASS, etc.)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email Wendy McWhorter [email protected] Please submit a cover letter, resume and link to your GitHub profile or other resources, if available.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.