Your next opportunity awaits.
We're Industry Dive, and we're changing the way business media is done. We need a Senior Editor for our Education Dive to lead our coverage of the higher education industry. We're looking for a talented hands-on journalist who wants to dig deep into the trends and storylines shaping the future of universities and colleges.
You will have a chance to own a fast-growing digital product, build a trusted relationship with industry leaders, and use all the tools in your journalism toolbox. You'll travel to industry events, work with talented writers and editors, and work in an exciting newsroom that gives you the freedom to showcase your creativity, knowledge and skills.
What you can bring to the table:
- A proven track record of reporting, writing and editing on the business of higher education.
- Ability to deftly edit short briefs and long-form features for a five-day-a-week newsletter, as well as edit breaking news stories for the website.
- Ability to write subject lines and headlines that boost opens and clicks.
- Knowledge of issues and trends that impact a national audience of higher ed leaders, including, but not limited to, higher education policy; federal and state education budgets; admissions, retention, graduation strategies; diversity; adult students; digital technologies; online learning; for-profits.
- Strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing trends and issues for higher ed leaders.
- Experience with social media, and ability to build audiences on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of your work.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 10+ years, including at least 5 years of higher education coverage and 2 years of editorial management. B-to-B publishing experience a plus.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”