Your next opportunity awaits.
Industry Dive is looking for a full-stack software developer intern to join our engineering team for the summer. We use a variety of open-source technology, and our core application is written in Django. We spend most of our time building Industry Dive's main product — a series of mobile-optimized, consumer-facing news sites with an internal content management system — by adding new features, fixing bugs and improving performance. We are also cross-functional, so you'll have the opportunity to work on many other projects, including data products, mobile applications, and dev ops.
Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment. One of our core values is for employees to bring their unique perspective and personality to a variety of projects. Your voice and the work you’ll do here matters to your teammates, other teams within the company and our customers and readers.
As an intern at Industry Dive, you can expect the following:
- Projects that will impress employers – Our interns have a history of getting hired when they graduate
- Make a real impact – No coffee fetching at this job. We give you projects move the business forward, and the freedom to own your project rather than being micro-managed.
- Exposure to a variety of aspects of business – You sit in the same room with the founders of the company, and participate in strategy discussions
- Work at a startup – We work hard and care about what we do, but we also don’t take ourselves too seriously.
What you can bring to the table:
- Eagerness to learn with a self-starter attitude
- Experience with Git/Github or other version control technologies
- Ability to solve problems on your own
- Experience (in school, at a job, or on your own) in web development
Let us know if you’ve played with any of the following:
- Python: Django or Flask
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
How To Apply
Email Leah Maniaci at [email protected] with your cover letter and resume.
Learn more about the benefits of working for Industry Dive on our jobs page.