Your next opportunity awaits
We are looking for a passionate software engineering leader who can help grow and evolve our software development capabilities. The VP of Engineering is responsible for providing vision, leadership and management to our 10-person (and growing!) software team. This is a new position that reports to the CTO. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and a track record of managing and scaling teams.
- Collaborate with the CTO on a technology vision and roadmap which supports the growth of existing products and development of future products
- Work closely with engineering team to understand obstacles and solve problems.
- Manage our team of 10+ software developers.
- Guide the continued evolution of our agile workflow
- Oversee the recruitment of new developers as well as our onboarding and training processes.
- Hands-on experience, especially with Python/Django and relational databases.
- Able to define new processes and workflows.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- A sense of humor and an ability to promote a positive, collaborative atmosphere.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you can bring to the table:
- 10+ years experience in software design and development
- 5+ years leading technical teams
- Solid coding experience including QA, testing, and CI/CD tools.
- Experience building and maintaining software products from scratch.
- Track record of personal technical achievement.
- Experience working with data warehouses and building ETL pipelines.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a digital B2B media company that delivers news and original analysis to more than one million business leaders in multiple industries. We are a company founded on the belief that executives should have access to the content they need in a way that is intuitive and insightful, no matter the device. Industry Dive pushes the boundaries of modern journalism and marketing.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive has been named an “Innovative Media Start Up” and one of the “Top 10 Hottest Publishing Start Ups.”
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" in 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the Washington Business Journal.