Version: May 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a comprehensive European Union data privacy law designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all residents of the EU. It will go into effect on May 25, 2018.
Industry Dive is fully committed to being compliant with GDPR by the regulations effective date.
What we are doing
While the vast majority of Industry Dive's users do not reside in the European Union, Industry Dive is fully committed to protecting our readers and clients privacy. To insure compliance with GDPR prior to the effective day, we have taken the following steps.
- Researched the regulations comprehensively and audited the various areas of our product / service to understand GDPR's impact – Done
- Appointed a Data Privacy Officer – Done
- Designed a plan to reduce the data being collected as well as limit the retention of the data – Done
- Implemented changes and improvements to ensure compliance; in particular limiting or suspending the collection of data for specific users including Mixpanel, Google Analytics, server logs, and cookies – Done
- Improved our internal processes and procedures to handle users request to access and delete / erase their data – Done
EU users of Industry Dive products can request a copy of the information we collect on them or asked to be deleted from our systems by contacting us via [email protected].
Data Protection Officer:
Sean Griffey, CEO
1575 Eye St NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005