Industry Dive 18 Neal Awards category finalists recognize expertise across publications
Industry Dive earned 18 Neal Award finalist spots across 11 different publications — the most it has ever earned since it started entering the contest.
The Jesse H. Neal Awards are the most prestigious editorial honors in the field of specialized journalism. Named after Jesse H. Neal, the first managing director of American Business Media, the Neal Awards were established in 1955 to recognize and reward editorial excellence in business media.
“We're honored to have our newsroom's work recognized again by the Neal Awards as some of the best in B2B media,” said Industry Dive Editor-in-Chief Davide Savenije. “We're very proud of our journalists and the impact our coverage has every day in the markets we serve.”
The Software & Information Industry Association announced the finalists today and Neal Award judges will select the winners to be announced at the April 21, 2023 ceremony in New York. See the full list of finalists at SIIA.net.
Sorted by publication, Industry Dive’s Neal Awards finalists are:
- Best Industry Coverage - a look at biotech's worst downturn in years including the article, ‘Flat is the new up’: After biotech correction, venture investors turn to safer bets
- Best Range of Work by Media Brand - overall coverage of the business of drug development, including newsletters, events and the publication website.
- Best News Coverage - coverage of Amylyx Pharmaceuticals ALS drug, including the article How a long shot ALS drug came before the FDA
- Best DEI Coverage: Why Turner’s CEO personally responds to racist incidents on company jobsites
- Best Technical or Scientific Content How Walmart is experimenting with shoppable content
- Best Commentary Pardon the Disruption
- Best News Coverage Overturning of Roe vs Wade coverage
- Best Single Article Fighting fentanyl: Schools tackle opioid crisis head-on
- Best Series Star-Spangled Bans: The cost of censoring America’s schools
- Best News Coverage - the Tragedy in Uvalde - including the article Another 19 children dead as educators ask, ‘When will it be enough?
- Best Series: Brand rivalries that helped define modern marketing
- Best Industry Coverage - a look at how the Starbucks union has gained unprecedented momentum, including the article, Why the NLRB’s Starbucks complaint may only be symbolic union win
- Best Website www.retaildive.com
- Best Single Article How Macy’s set out to conquer the department store business — and lost
- Best Range of Work by Single Author - collection of work by Senior Reporter Daphne Howland including the story How Macy’s set out to conquer the department store business — and lost
Supply Chain Dive
- Best Industry Coverage - 'Purple Friday': FedEx's clash with contractors spotlights inflation's pressures on small businesses, including the article FedEx Ground contractors band together for pay increases ahead of Black Friday
- Best DEI Coverage The energy system is ‘inherently racist,’ advocates say. How are utilities responding to calls for greater equity?
In 2022, Industry Dive had 16 Neal Award finalists and took home 10 awards - more than any other publisher.
Industry Dive, an Informa business, is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 14 million decision-makers across 26 competitive industries rely on our exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 29 publications.