Industry Dive’s 16 Neal Award category finalists illustrate newsroom’s expertise and reporting skill
The Software & Information Industry Association announced today that Industry Dive publications are Neal Awards finalists for Best Website, Best eNewsletter, Best Industry Coverage, Best News Coverage and Best Single Article, among others. In all, Industry Dive earned 16 finalist spots across 10 different publications — the most it has ever earned — and it is one of the companies with the most finalists among the 236 selected.
The Jesse H. Neal Awards are the most prestigious editorial honors in the field of specialized journalism. Named after Jesse H. Neal, the first managing director of American Business Media, the Neal Awards were established in 1955 to recognize and reward editorial excellence in business media.
"To have so many finalists for the Neal Awards is a testament to our journalistic ambition and execution," said Industry Dive Editor-in-Chief Davide Savenije. "From COVID-19 to climate change, our newsroom brings deep insights to our executive audiences on a wide range of critical industry issues. The work highlighted by today's Neal Awards nominations shows how we cover the most important trends and storylines in the markets we serve — and the impact the best journalism in b2b can have on its readership."
The Neal Awards winners will be announced April 26 at a ceremony in New York.
Broken down by publication, Industry Dive’s Neal Awards finalists are:
- Best Single Article A three-decade monopoly: How Amgen built a patent thicket around its top-selling drug
- Best Profile Heart attacks struck Sek Kathiresan's family. He's devoted his life to stopping them.
- Best News Coverage Coverage of the Food and Drug Administration’s controversial Alzheimer’s drug approval and collection of stories.
- Best Commentary Pardon the disruption
- Best Covid-19 Coverage COVID-19's ongoing effects on the healthcare industry
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Being Black in Education: Where is the system going wrong?
- Best Single Article Being Black in Education: Where is the system going wrong?
- Best Technical/Scientific Content Anatomy of a medical device recall: How defective products can slip through an outdated system
- Best industry coverage Payments: The sleepy corner of financial services that's fired up (and collection of entries)
- Best Website Retaildive.com
- Best Profile Reebok was meant to be a ‘Nike killer.’ How the brand lost its No. 1 spot
- Best Industry Coverage Retail Dive's coverage of news and trends shaping the retail industry
- Best Covid-19 Industry Coverage One year later: How COVID-19 upended retail and what it means for 2021
Supply Chain Dive
- Best eNewsletter Supply Chain Dive: Operations
- Best Climate Change Coverage Keeping the lights on: How three regions of the country are preparing the power grid amid a changing climate
In 2021, Industry Dive’s reporting won eight Neal Awards and Restaurant Dive editor Emma Liem Beckett was selected as the 2021-2022 McAllister Editorial Fellow for her ghost kitchens project
In 2020, Industry Dive won two Neal awards and was named second runner-up for the Grand Neal Award. In 2019, Industry Dive was a finalist for two Neal Awards, and won one.
See the complete list of today’s Neal Awards finalists on the SIIA website.
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 13 million decision-makers across 23 competitive industries rely on our exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 26 publications.