Industry Dive earns 14 Azbee Awards in regional contest
The American Society of Business Publication Editors recognized Industry Dive's newsroom with six gold, four silver and four bronze awards in the Mid-Atlantic Regional Azbee Awards yesterday.
"It's always gratifying to be recognized by our peers for some of our most impactful journalism," said Industry Dive Editor-in-Chief Davide Savenije. "I'm very proud of and grateful for all the journalists in our newsroom who help us produce important coverage every day for the communities that we serve. This recognition is simply a testament to their work."
Spread across 10 publications, these 14 awards represent the outstanding work done by Industry Dive reporters, editors, designers and many others who helped the newsroom see success in 2022.
See the breakdown of winners:
- Retail Dive: Company Profile for How Macy’s set out to conquer the department store business — and lost
- Construction Dive: Data Journalism for Despite OSHA’s efforts, construction’s death rate hasn’t budged in 10 years Data Journalism
- Grocery Dive: Regular Column, Staff Written for Pardon the Disruption by Jeff Wells
- BioPharma Dive: E-Newsletter for Emerging Biotech Weekly
- Restaurant Dive: Online Single Topic Coverage by a Team for Coverage of the Starbucks unionization push
- Marketing Dive: Online State of the Industry for Marketing at the halfway point (H1 2022 package)
- K-12 Dive: Impact/Investigative for Slipping through the cracks: Differing federal policies keep homeless students from getting help
- CIO Dive: Overall Headline Writing for a collection of entries from work in 2022, including Please, don’t fax that request
- Grocery Dive: Online Breaking News Coverage for Kroger to buy Albertsons in $24.6 billion deal
- K-12 Dive: Web Feature Series for Star-Spangled Bans: The cost of censoring America’s schools
- K-12 Dive: Impact/Investigative for Fighting fentanyl: Schools tackle opioid crisis head-on
- HR Dive: Original Research for The 2022 Identity of HR Survey
- Supply Chain Dive: Online Single Topic Coverage by a Team for ‘Purple Friday' coverage: FedEx Ground contractors form alliance
- Marketing Dive: Web Feature Series for Brand rivalries that helped define modern marketing
Industry Dive hosted the 2023 Mid Atlantic Region Azbee Awards Banquet at its Washington, DC office on Thursday, April 13th. In attendance were CFO Dive and Legal Dive Editor Robert Freedman, a past national president of ASBPE, Rachel H. Pollack, managing editor of Smart Cities Dive, Utility Dive, and Waste Dive, and president of the Mid-Atlantic ASBPE chapter, and Grocery Dive Reporter Sam Silverstein, ASBPE national treasurer.
National and Overall Excellence Winners will be announced at the ASBPE's 2023 National Conference "Heroes of B2B Media" on May 11 in Atlanta, Ga.
Retail Dive is a national finalist for Website of the Year, and 9 of the stories that received regional awards are also finalists for national awards.
Industry Dive, an Informa business, is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 14 million decision-makers across 20+ competitive industries rely on our exclusive insight and analysis delivered through more than 30 publications.