Industry Dive earns 9 gold Azbee Awards in regional contest
The American Society of Business Publication Editors recognized Industry Dive journalism with 9 gold, 3 silver and 3 bronze awards for the Mid-Atlantic region at its annual award dinner on Friday, April 8.
“As we work to become the world’s most respected source of business journalism, this type of recognition illustrates the progress we have made and the strength of our reporting,” said Industry Dive Deputy Editor Liza Casabona. “In a short time, our newsroom has grown to more than 100 journalists who consistently produce award-winning work for our readers.”
According to ASBPE, the organization received more than 830 entries and more than 90 experienced B2B editors, designers, and freelancers judged the 65 categories.
See below for Industry Dive’s stories that won regionals Azbees.
Gold Medal honorees
- BioPharma Dive Individual Profile - Heart attacks struck Sek Kathiresan's family. He's devoted his life to stopping them.
- BioPharma Dive Case History - A three-decade monopoly: How Amgen built a patent thicket around its top-selling drug
- Grocery Dive Regular Column, Staff-Written - Jeff Wells’ Pardon the disruption
- Healthcare Dive Data Journalism - Hospitals lift curtain on prices, revealing giant swings in pricing by procedure
- K-12 Dive Web Feature Article - Being Black in Education: Where is the system going wrong?
- Retail Dive Company Profile - Reebok was meant to be a ‘Nike killer.’ How the brand lost its No. 1 spot
- Restaurant Dive Web Feature Series - 1 year later: How the pandemic impacted 6 major restaurant cities
- Supply Chain Dive E-Newsletter - Supply Chain Dive: Operations
- Utility Dive Enterprise News Story - A century later, utilities still face billions in potential liabilities from obsolete manufactured gas plants
Silver Medal honorees
- BioPharma Dive Online Breaking News - Coverage of the Food and Drug Administration’s controversial Alzheimer’s drug approval
- Payments Dive News Analysis - How a digital dollar could create a cashless future — and why one lawmaker is fighting back
- Smart Cities Dive Online State of the Industry - Reassessing the smart cities movement
Bronze Medal honorees
- Healthcare Dive Online breaking news coverage - Healthcare Dive covers Kaiser strike decisions in real time
- HR Dive Online State of the Industry - The 2021 Identity of HR Survey
- Retail Dive Impact/Investigative - Is Best Buy undermining its storybook turnaround?
CFO Dive Editor Robert Freedman, a past national president of ASBPE, hosted Friday’s event. Rachel H. Pollack, managing editor of Smart Cities Dive, Utility Dive, and Waste Dive, is a Mid-Atlantic ASBPE chapter volunteer who helped announce the winners, and Grocery Dive Reporter Sam Silverstein, ASBPE national treasurer, was also on hand to handle event details.
The National award winners will be announced on May 12 at B2B’s Next Frontier, ASBPE’s annual conference, taking place this year in Cleveland.