Industry Dive publications named finalists for 7 national Azbee Awards
The American Society of Business Publication Editors has named several Industry Dive publications as finalists across 10 categories in its 2020 Azbee Awards of Excellence program.
- BioPharma Dive named regional and national finalist for ASCO 2019: What we learned in the classification for trade show / conference coverage.
- BioPharma Dive named regional and national finalist for Pharmacquired in the classification for regular column, staff written.
- BioPharma Dive named regional finalist for Follow the money: How biopharma CEOs and workers got paid in 2018 in the classification for data journalism.
- CFO Dive named regional and national finalist in the classification for website design.
- Food Dive named regional finalist for With the dairy industry in a sour state, Borden CEO plots comeback for one-time milk giant in the classification for company profile.
- Grocery Dive named regional and national finalist for Pardon the Disruption: Design thinking and the supermarket of the future in the classification for regular column, staff written.
- MedTech Dive named regional and national finalist for its coverage of FDAs medical device regulation, in the classification for government coverage.
- FDA progressive device approval proposal raises eyebrows
- Looming EPA ethylene oxide rules hang over device supply chain
- FDA takes hard look at breast implant safety amid fresh cancer fears
- Retail Dive named regional and national finalist for Who really killed Blockbuster? in the classification for company profile.
- Retail Dive named regional finalist for its coverage of bankruptcy, in the classification of online single topic coverage by a team.
- These 28 retailers could go bankrupt in the next year
- The 'retail apocalypse' is an apparel apocalypse
- Retailing at the end of the world: How large chains liquidate
- What's missing from Forever 21's bankruptcy plans
- Payless, Gymboree and the road to Chapter 22
- Utility Dive named regional and national finalist for Toxins in the ground: Inside America's most polluted coal ash site and industry's struggle with federal rules in the classification of web feature article.
The Azbee Awards of Excellence program is one of the most distinguished awards competitions, recognizing business-to-business, trade, association and professional publications for their achievements in high-quality reporting, editing and design. The national awards winners will be announced on May 7 at the 2020 ASBPE National Conference in Chicago. Local ASBPE chapters will host banquets in April to announce the regional Azbee winners.
"The finalists represent some of the most ambitious work we produced in 2019," said Davide Savenije, editor-in-chief of Industry Dive. "The sharp increase in finalists from our newsroom is a direct reflection of how much our journalism has grown over the last year."
In 2019, three of Industry Dives publications were finalists for the 2019 Azbee Awards of Excellence in three separate categories, including the National Bronze Award which Utility Dive won for their coverage of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Industry Dive currently employs 75 journalists in its newsroom. The company publishes 23 daily online publications covering news and providing insights in 20 different industries ranging from retail and waste to supply chain and marketing. The publications reach over seven million readers monthly across various platforms. Industry Dive is currently hiring for several open positions .